AMOUNT: $________ challenge grant to be matched equally by other funding sources for the same program or project as stated in the purpose above.
RESTRICTION: To be used to benefit Monterey Peninsula residents only. Refer to the Home Page for the specific geographic boundaries.
1. Use of Grant Funds You may use the grant funds only for the purpose(s) specified above. No change in use of funds from the specifications in this contract may be made without written approval from the Chapman Foundation. Should any change be deemed necessary or highly desirable, please submit a written request to the Foundation for approval by the Trustees. Any funding that cannot be applied to the specified purposes, or an amended use approved by the Foundation in writing, will be returned to the Chapman Foundation.
2. Payment of Grant Funds The grant funds will be disbursed by the Foundation in one payment upon request with presentation of evidence of meeting the matching requirement. Funds must be claimed during the July 1-June 30 grant year listed above. You may request funds by submitting a letter to the Chapman Foundation that includes information on the funding sources to meet the matching requirement.
3. Monitoring Progress toward achieving the goals of the grant will be reviewed by the Foundation by your submission of a required Annual Report. Your progress may also be monitored by an on-site visit by representatives of the Foundation.
4. Annual Report You must submit a report to the Foundation on the use of the grant funds and the progress made toward achieving the goals of the grant by February 1 of the grant (academic) year. Refer to the Foundation website for the required format.
5. Maintenance of Tax Exempt Organization Status Please immediately inform the Foundation of any change in or challenge to your tax exempt status.
6. Records Please maintain your books and records so that the receipts and expenditures of the grant funds can be clearly identified.
7. Acknowledgment of Support All releases prepared for public or private press, or other means of communication, dealing with the grant should acknowledge the support of the Chapman Foundation.
9. Modification This agreement sets forth the terms of the grant and replaces all prior documentation. Any request for modification or amendment to this agreement must be made in writing, signed by an authorized officer of your organization and submitted for approval to the Foundation.
____ Initial here to indicate understanding and acceptance of the purpose for which the grant is provided, the restriction and other conditions pertaining to the grant.
Please sign and return as accepted by the organization’s CEO: